DUE: April 12
· The author asserts journalists ignored the why element when covering 9/11 – do you agree? Why or why not?
· What did newspapers do well in terms of covering 9/11?
· Is the author’s assessment on page 243 that neither The Times or The Post “reported on the specific motivations of the terrorists?” What do you think of that?
· Ultimately, what was the biggest failure of the media in its post-9/11 coverage?
· What do you think of the theory that 9/11 played a role in making the Internet a major media source?
· How is bin Laden’s manifesto similar to the Unabombers? Should the media have handled it differently?